Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby is growing...

I had another doctors appt today. (18 1/2 weeks) There really is no exciting news to share...except that everything "looks"/sounds great. The heart rate decreased this time again (she didn't tell me the heart rate though.) She predicts a boy based on the "old wives tale" of heart rate=gender. Honestly, would the Wiersema boys produce anything BUT boys....hopefully someday mine does haha :) I always find it so funny how excited my doctor acts when she measures the growth of my uterus. She always has this huge smile and is like "it's all the way up to here!" haha...i guess she is just happy to see that the baby is actually growing inside this belly of mine.
We have our ultrasound in 2 weeks....you'll have to check back to see what we are having... :)

3 comments:

The Geurinks said...

Layla's heartbeat was always quite high, so maybe the old wives tale is correct...I'll guess girl for you. You should make your own guess on your blog before your u/s to see if you're right or not. So apparently you decided to find out, eh? :-)

THE WIERSEMAS said...

I have always been saying "girl", but i think it's habit....Ella is a girl, and the youngest kids i babysit are girls...so i think it's a habit to say "she". I actually guessing a BOY. Only, because my odds for a girl are slim....one day i better get that little girl though :)
As for finding out the gender...you will just have to wait and see..we could be tricking you :)

The Keeler Family said...

Bets i forgot to tell you when we were chatting but i am once again happy to know baby w is healthy:)and i am still unsure of what i will guess is in your tummy. but pink or blue i am excited to meet baby.