Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.

When i left the doctors office today i left with these words from my doctor..."I've measured and listen to lots of babies today, and yours in one of the busiest i've seen yet!" All i am thinking is...OH BOY! This child of ours must get that from me...growing up I was always busy...and couldn't sit still. My mom might have said i was a bit hyper-active- I do recall her "threatening" me with Ritalin if i didn't settle down haha. Oh well, i guess there are worse things than a busy baby...at least the heart beat is good and strong (128 again this time). My doctor did say that when i do into early labor i will probably have a hard time realizing that i am actually in labor, because those early labor pains feel like the movements that i am feeling all the time with this busy baby. So...we'll see how that all goes! Currently she said she thinks the baby is about 4lbs..but over the next few weeks he/she will put on most of it's weight. Everything looked good. I am happy to say that it is head down! That was the first thing she checked for me today :) she knows how i am worried about that haha. I didn't want to have to have her turn that baby in my belly! But, as long as it doesn't decide to change positions we should be all set.
I think it's kinda crazy that i begin my 34th week tomorrow....it seems to be flying by. I guess i should probably go buy some diapers and such in the next couple of weeks. The nursery is still a work in progress, but it's ok. It will get done eventually!

4 comments:

The Keeler Family said...

Bets i am so glad you got another healthy report..and most importantly you can be happy the head is finally down:) I'd say we need to make a target diaper run!!
Hope you can enjoy the ending and can't wait to meet this busy baby!

Anonymous said...

Betsy and her busy baby! I hope you are getting enough sleep at night with that active child. I would love to see some pictures of you and the progress on your house!

Brad and Jill said...

Oh - i am so glad to hear that your appt went well! That is so funny about the baby being hyper:) Awesome that the baby flipped - what a relief!!! I can't believe it is 34 weeks either! Maybe you should post another pic of you:) Jill

rbreuker said...

Betsy i am so glad to hear everything is going well, on schedule. that baby will be here before you know it! i don't remember you being so busy, but your mom would remember that better. i do remember that you were very cute, and ALWAYS a bow in your hair!
aunt ruth