Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When daddy is away...the girls will play!!

Jake has been up in Canada bear hunting and fishing since Friday...and will be gone until late saturday night. This trip has been planed for almost a year, so I knew through out my whole pregnancy that i would be left by myslef for a week with a 4 month old. All in all it's been great. We spent the weekend up at the cottage like normal and i had a babysitter come to give me a break on Monday morning and then my mom took her this morning for me. I never realized just how long the days can seem when you are the only parent! I'm sure glad i don't have to live like this all the time! Lily is also starting to get a tooth in, so that has caused her not to sleep normal...which can be hard when you are the only one here! We are surving though :)

I had ordered Lily an excersaucer and it came this week. It is a life saver! Jake didn't think it was a "necessary" toy...but i beg to differ! Lily loves it! She can sit up and play...and there are so many different toys for her to play with. She can easily turn herslef all around to get at whatever she wants.




We also got her ears peirced tonight! Jake and I have been talking about it and decided that 4 months was a good time to do it. Our neice Ella had it done at that age and it worked out great. She was too little to pull on her ears and she didn't even know they were there. The more we talked about it, the less Jake wanted to do with it. He kept saying, "I'm not going with...all your doing is hurting her!" So he said it was ok that i go while he was gone because he wasn't going to go with me anyways. My mom came with us tonight and everything went great. We both actually thought she wasn't even going to cry at first because her recation was so delayed...but then of course the tears came. After we were finished she drank her bottle and was perfectly fine. Jacob...if you are reading this she did great! I can't wait for you too see her pretty ears! :) I should make Jake take her to the doctor to get her shots next time because that is alot worse than having her ears peirced!
This is BEFORE....she has no idea what is coming!

During....

All done and good as new!


All in all it's a been a great week home with just me and lily...but we sure are ready for her daddy to come home! :)

3 comments:

Candace said...

BEAUTIFUL....I am so glad it went good. i told jak she was going to have pretties when we see her and he cant wait:) great, he's gonna want some now. Glad your surviving with out daddy this week girls. we can't wait to see you.

Brad and Jill said...

I am so glad that it went well - she looks so adorable with earrings!!! I am so happy she likes the exersaucer...however I don't think we'll be able to ride to the cottage together for the rest of the summer if you take that along:) JK. Glad it has been a good week! jill

THE WIERSEMAS said...

haha....i think it folds down some what...hum we'll have to figure that out! :) Hope you are feeling better :)