Tuesday, January 6, 2009

27 weeks and counting...

I have been getting some grief from some of you out there asking to see pictures...so for those of you who live near or far, i am hoping these will do :)
We went to our doctors appt today and everything is continuing to go well. I had my glucose screening test today, and i passed with flying colors. Candace was telling me how horrible the orange drink was, but i honestly didn't mind it. Anyways...I am glad that i don't have gestational diabetes and i can continue to eat whatever i want :)
I, along with my doctor, was surprised to see that i had lost 2 lbs since my last appt...i actually don't mind...that means i've only gain about 12-13 lbs so far...at least it's not too much extra fat and it is mostly baby. :)
The baby is sitting very low (old wives tale would say it's a boy)...and it is kind of laying on an angle right now. In the past few days it hasn't been uncommon for me to feel alot of pressure on my belly and then i look down and there is a huge bulge on the right side of my tummy. The baby obviously likes to stick it's butt out i guess :) It is moving constantly...does that mean it will always be such a wiggle worm?!
She said i am measuring a week ahead, so i guess either i MAY have the baby a tad early, or it's gonna be a large baby. Lets hope for the first option. After hearing about Jill having to push out a 9+lb baby i'm not sure i want to go through that as well :) Although...Ella is totally a keeper!
My belly is growing by the second...here are a couple pictures for those of you who have been asking.

9 comments:

The Keeler Family said...

I am glad you liked the drink more than me. i thought maybe you would call today to share the good news:) but am glad to see the belly. love it and we are thankful you got another healthy update!

Brad and Jill said...

You look absolutely beautiful pregnant! Jill

Tim and Ruthie Hoving said...

Betsy...I ran across your blog on facebook and like to check in with you every once and a while...

You look stunning pregnant! What an exciting time for you and Jake :)

Congratulations! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Jessica said...

YAY! You look adorable. Too bad you live 10 min from me and I have never seen you pregnant...and probably won't since you and Jake never like to come out and play.
But you look gorgeous! And I'm so glad to hear everything is going well!

Looking at your cute belly makes me want to be prego again...

Jeremy and Jenna said...

you look great! i actually really liked the orange drink too! :) glad to hear you are feeling well.

THE WIERSEMAS said...

Jess...we love to still come out and play...i don't recall ever having an invite ;)

The Geurinks said...

You look great! Layla moved a lot too in utero and still loves moving constantly:-). Enjoy all the movements while (s)he's inside of you (even though it's not always comfortable)! I had people tell me ahead of time how nasty the orange drink was too and I liked it:-).

Lindsey Lou said...

oh betsy soooo cute. glad you finally put up some photos :)

Karsten Family said...

looking cute bets!