Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grandma: I remember...

Here are just a select few of my favoirte memories of my Grandma Koning:
- Sitting with you on the piano bench while you played and sang out of that old piano book. I always loved the song with the picture of the bird on the page.
- I too, like Brad, remember drinking coffee out of the tiny coffee cups! This is something that I will always remember. I don't think i really even liked the taste, but i thought it was so cool to be drinking from those little cups.
- Making cookies with you when we slept over.
- Your kissess... you always made a kissing sound while kissing us.
- Playing "SORRY" against you and grandpa.
- Putting on your make up...i can still smell the powder smell in your bathroom.
- Going school clothes shopping each year...we could always pick out 1 new outfit.
- Playing miniture golf at Yogi Bear with you and grandpa.
- Kim and i playing dress up in your clothes, and then walking around your neighborhood with baby dolls prentending we were moms.
- I too, remember watching Psalty...those were my faovite movies and tapes to listen to.

Thanks for the ALL the great memories...we will miss you!
Love,
Betsy

2 comments:

Kylee said...

ah i love those memories. and i remember the piano book and couldn't remember the song, but it was the one with the bird on the page!

Brad and Jill said...

That is so cool Betsy - hearing all those memories at the service Thursday made me bawl like a baby. She was a special lady and she was blessed to have a granddaughter in you.Jill