Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2 year anniversary

Here I am on my 2nd anniversary...alone. Every other year Jake, his brothers, dad, grandpa, friends, etc... go to Canada fishing for a week. I'm not sure why i didn't give this any thought when we were picking our wedding date, because every other year i will be home without Jacob on our anniversary. I suppose there are worse situations, but i am missing him :) He left on Friday- 5 days down, 4 more days to go.
I talked to him this morning, which is actually a treat. They only have an "air phone" up there, because there are no land lines or cellphone towers. There is a huge delay when you talk, but it was still nice to hear his voice. And then, this afternoon i heard a knock on the door and there was a delivery man with a dozen roses.
At least i still get "presents" even though i'm alone :)

2 comments:

The Geurinks said...

That stinks that he's gone on your annivesary!! I hate being alone! That was very nice of him to send flowers though!!

THE WIERSEMAS said...

i know....tell me about it. I have this to look forward to every other year :(