Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Do unto others..."

I am finding it interesting and amazing how kind people have been to me in the past two days. Last night we went out for dinner to Googs. When we sign in the hostest tells us it will be a 20 minutes wait. We say ok, and move to the side. The owner looks at us and then say, oh i have a table come with me. I'm like sweet?! We didn't think much of it...except that we got in way before all the other people waiting. THEN, tonight we went out to Phil's in Saugatuck (yummy) and we again were told it would be about 20-30 min. There were no seats at the bar, so we were just standing waiting to be seated. After about 20 minutes the hostest says, "it will only be a little longer...there are two people in front of you." She walks away, but comes back and tells us that there is a couple who wants to give us their table. Me and Jake just kinda look at each other but say ok. The lady who is getting up from the table said, "We were here a year ago, i was pregnant and ready to burst, and all i wanted was to sit down. So we would like to give you our table and we'll wait."
We decided that after this baby arrives we will need to "pass on" the kindness to some other pregnant lady :)
(Although i am truly amazed at people's generosity...it makes me wonder how huge do i actually look! haha)

5 comments:

Kylee said...

haha that's so nice! i don't think i ever even thought of doing that for someone

THE WIERSEMAS said...

me neither...now i will! :)

The Rotman's said...

That is so nice.. and btw you don't look huge at all. I think you look great. Looking forward to hearing what the gender and the name is. You don't have long to wait now.. enjoy even though you're SO ready.. you're going to love having a spring baby. Wishing you well in these last couple of weeks.

Brad and Jill said...

I used to think the same thing - I must admit I never thought too much about prego women when I seen them before, but now I have a newfound appreciation for them:) Jill

The Geurinks said...

How nice for you!! And just wait, the special treatment doesn't end after having the baby either. You can tell which people have had babies too b/c they're nice now when I'm out with Layla by opening doors for us and such. Babies draw LOTS of attention:-).